Friday, August 14, 2009

You have been randomly chosen to be screwed over.

Or at least it seem that way. I’ve been “randomly” chosen for a reemployment orientation through the work placement place that works with unemployment. Meaning they can force me into a job I don’t want and I can’t say a word about it or they will take away my unemployment. Not so fun. They say it takes three hours so that means it’s like any other work placement place where they send you through a battery of test to see what you can do then they tell you they will call you. So now my only looking for jobs I’d be ok with is going into anything I could survive through mode. I’m even looking at part-time jobs. Anything to keep from getting shoved into a job I will hate. I’ve been looking and putting in apps almost everyday, but still no serious nibbles. I still have some unemployment time left so I’m not that worried about that. And I was hoping I wouldn’t find anything till all the major projects at the new house were done. I admit I was hoping for a work at home job, but I doubt that will happen. I’m still pissed at my old job. They picked the shittiest time to let me go. Then they go and hire more people. They’ve been firing too, but it just makes me feel so worthless a disposable. I don’t think I could trust a job again not to screw me over. In the end I don’t know what to do.

My sister is getting divorced but she managed to get a new job. She is living with mom and dad so she’s doing ok. It’s sad that the house I grew up in is no longer going to be in the family, but there isn’t anything anyone can do. Nikki can’t afford to keep the place by herself and her ex isn’t going to give her any money. He never did before anyway.

I took my dad and nephew to the state fair yesterday. I had fun, but I was so worn out by the time I got back. My knee has been hurting today too.

Brett is stressing about the new house. I’m more stressing out about after the signing for it. All the stuff that needs to be done. The whole what needs to be done when, and how much it’s going to cost. What can be put off till after we get the tax rebate. There is the whole deal with the windows too. They need to be restored or replaced. A window cost about $170 a piece, but we can get a $100 tax rebate on each one, which will pound out to about $70 a window after the fact. Also new windows save energy and are easier to clean. But original windows add value to the house and are cheaper to restore that getting new ones. So you see my problem. I’ll most likely just restore them and get new storm windows for the place that don’t stick out like sore thumbs to save money.

Ok maybe I need to run down the list of things that need to be done to the place to let you all know what I’m dealing with. I will try to keep it in order of importance.

What needs to be done to the house.
1. The Fuse box needs replaced. $?
2. New plug for the dryer needs to be installed. $?
3. Plug for the stove need to be installed.$?
4. Wiring needs to be reran. $?
5. Security system needs to be installed. $900?
6. New back door and kitchen door. $400
7. Security doors put in. $?
8. New locks put in. $360
9. New stove. $400
10. More cabinets in the $200-400
11. Kitchen wall redone. $10
12. Windows fixed or replaced $100-1,900
13. New sink, faucet, and countertop in the kitchen $400?
14. New kitchen floor. $150
15. Bathroom redone. $?
16. Air conditioner installed. $?
17. Fence Installed $?
18. Roof redone. $?

And who knows what else might pop up overtime.

All and all it’s going to end up being pretty expensive. Not to mention the tools we will have to buy for all of this.

Also we close in 3 weeks and we still have to pack. Crazy isn’t it. But Brett said we could get a puppy, so maybe then Shiner can come live with us. One could hope. Well I think that’s all for now. Laters! Savvy?

-Aislin

No comments:

Post a Comment