Friday, June 26, 2009

Life is like a battle between a snake and a toad.

Short, odd, and no one knows it will end.

I watched Mikage, the resident ribbon snake go after a toad. The toad got away, but the whole thing was interesting to watch. It also got me thinking a bit. Other than why that silly little snake would try to go after that big fat toad.

Ok, I lied. All I was thinking about was the silly snake trying to get something that would never fit in it’s unhinged mouth unless it was cut up in quarters.

But seriously yesterday was interesting. First we lost Farrah Faucet after she had a long painful battle with cancer, then we lost Michael Jackson. Brett and I agree that we like his music, but we also agree that guy was also fucked up. I think it may be stemmed from his childhood. He really was never aloud to be a kid. He spent all his time in the spotlight and I’m sure that caused a lot of issues, but his death was sudden, and Farrah’s was long and drawn out. I think we should focus a little more on her. Yes both deaths are equally tragic, but there should be more of a focus on what Farrah went through. She tried everything and never gave up fighting her cancer, the whole time raising awareness about it. She should be given a little more spotlight and credit than someone who died quickly of heart problems.

There was a nice memorial show about both of them last night, that was on a equal setting. But the Today Show decided to dedicate today’s show to only Michael. What’s up with that!?!

Also the whole don’t talk ill of the dead thing is taking effect and everyone is shying away from the fact that Michael was accused of doing some pretty bad things. When you talk about a person, you need to talk about the whole person, not just some highlights that you put together to satisfy what you thought they should have been. I seriously wonder what it’s going to be like when OJ dies.

Dad is going to come over today to help me hang my new can crusher, fix the latch on the laundry room door, and take care of wasps that are trying to build a nest outside the back door. Yeah I’m capable of doing all of those things by myself, but I don’t have the tools for that so I need to borrow dad’s. Plus it will be nice to spend time with him.

The guys are doing a photo shoot for their website tonight so that will be fun. I might have to run out for pizza tonight, because I really don’t have anything to fix for all of them. Yeah I could order pizza, but that will be too expensive. I can just run down to Dominos or Little Caesars and get some pizzas for much cheaper.

The kittehs are asleep on the couch together looking soooo cute.
019

Well I need to get back to doing the dishes. Not fun at all. Laters! Savvy?

-Aislin

No comments:

Post a Comment