Monday, April 20, 2009

Amid thoughts of plum wine.

Plum wine is pretty good. Of course I got some cheap ass kind from a overpriced "Wine Specialty Shop" Not going back there. It's Beer Mecha or CVS from now on. But the plum wine was a nice change and went well with laidbackness of tonight.

Well I've started eating properly. I'm not going to say eating healthier or dieting, because I'm not. I'm just changing a few decisions on food. Preparing it differently and changing my portions. I still can eat what I want, I'm just going to do it more wisely and not in excess. The doctor advised Brett to do the same so that's what we are going to do. It worked for my mom, I know it can work for me. But of course after I moved out, she went back to old ways, and her old weight. I read where someone said that Japan they have the right portion size, that's why it's so easy for them to stay fit. Of course the walking everywhere doesn't hurt either. But America is a place of huge portions, and we can get them for cheap and we think we are getting a deal.

That seemed to ring true. There are value meals where you can super size it. $5 foot long subs. Nothing comes in small portions here. But just because you got all that food for a good price, doesn't mean you've got to eat it in one sitting. Yes it would be nice and I'm more than guilty of it, but today we went to lunch at subway. I got a foot long and some chips and ate half of both. Of course I could have wolfed down the rest before you could say, 'are you going to finish that', but I felt that it was enough and I could save the rest for lunch tomorrow. So packed it up and took it home. I had leftover fish and fries for dinner. My stomach is saying it could go for more, or maybe a nice snack, but I don't need it. It's just going to take my stomach time to get use to smaller potions. I'm not starving myself by no means, I'm just stretching out good food ;).
Well I need to skitter off to bed, but first I leave you with kitteh pictures.

The little ones snugging with Brett while he naps in the Steiner Recliner.

Here's another pic of them, Shank is starting to doze off.

A close up of the Roar. Sorry about the black blob in the corner. Brett didn't want me showing his chest on my blog.

She's a sleepy little Roar.

And of course we can't forget the Shank.

Laters! Savvy?

-Aislin

No comments:

Post a Comment