Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Keitai.

I'm adopted that term, because it sounds better than Cell or Cell Phone or even the snooty Mobile Phone. But that's not the point.

For years this little piece of tech has been my main line of communication. Well because I worked weird hours. When Brett and I moved into the apartment, we used our Keitai as our normal house phone. It just saved money that way.

Now that we are in a house with lower rent. we have a land line. Well it's more of a pain than a comfort. Because our number is one digit off from comcast, we have calls for them at all hours. Though our phone was to be bundled with our net and TV, it wasn't so I have to pay at separate bill for that, which isn't cheap. And we still end up using our cells most of the time. We don't make many calls and we have people call our keitai's most of the time. I'm really thinking about of dropping our land line. It's just an unneeded expense.

I have a smartphone. Not a blackberry, cheaper than that, but my next one might be. But I can watch videos on it, download songs and use them as ringtones, and I have a GPS map on it. The map has got me unlost on several occasions. I have a picture of Shiner on the screen and that has never changed since I got it. It eats battery power when you use the net and videos, but it's a good phone. As of recently, it's taken on a new function. My alarm clock. I have a normal one, but it's old and when it has working batteries, it lost time and the light didn't work on it. It's just better this way.

The funniest use of it to date, is Brett and I's sleepy communications. He is napping in his Steiner Recliner, and I'm snuggled up in the bedroom with the cats. But when he wakes up and needs to say something to me, he will text me to say it. It's a little funny to tell you the truth. It's not at all different than when I lived with my parents and my mom would call my cell from the house phone when I was upstairs in bed and she was downstairs.

The main point is. For a long time, my keitai has been a integral part of my life, and though some can live without one, I can not. That is all. Laters! Savvy?

-Aislin

No comments:

Post a Comment