Monday, April 27, 2009

Life is a boat.

Sometimes it's calm waters, other times some idiot comes by and rocks it and you end up falling in the drink.

But seriously I love the song 'Life Is A Boat' by Rei Fu, it's a good song. I'm loving my iPod. I listen to it at work, and I listened to it during the Indy Car race yesterday. I also listened to it on the way home. I was still buzzing good after drinking nearly a bottle of wine and Brett's parent's house so when Caramell Dansen came on Sakura I started dancing to it in the car. Eventually Brett told me to stop, because it was distracting. They should consider the Caramell Dansen dance a workout routine, because it wears you out an used a lot of your muscles.

Yesterday I went out with Ma (Brett's Mom) we drove by a house for sale that I wanted to look at. After that she drove me by one other place she saw and then we went to the book store and Target. At Target I got one of those big bag purses. It's white with big pink flowers on it. Ma said that it wasn't too fru fru. When I asked Brett about it, he said there is nothing wrong with girls having fru fru stuff. I do like the purse though. It's big and it doesn't look like I have as much stuff anymore. I could keep my makeup bag in there and still have a ton of room. That would imply I wear makeup on a regular basis, and I don't.

Ok, first we had Mad Cow Disease, then Bird Flu, now we have Swine Flu. For goddess sake, what's next Equine Flu? And you got to wonder how these things just pop up. If they were there all along and can spread so quickly, why haven't we attacked by it long before now? They say if you exhibit flu like symptoms that you should notify your doctor right away. Great, I bet every doctors office is flooded with calls of people thinking they have the Swine Flu.

Then there is the trend in Japan of wearing a surgical mask, to keep germs out, or in. Now Mexico has adopted it. I read an article about how it's almost a fashion statement in Japan, and they aren't sure it helps anything. Maybe it's like a placebo to these people, since they think they are protected, then they don't get sick. I really don't know. I saw a girl walking down the street the other day with a colored surgical mask. I'm all for following Japanese fashion, but I don't think that will catch on, and if you are doing it just for a fashion statement, well you've got problems. But of course growing up, there were some pretty weird fashion statements. *shudders*

Brett goes in for his MRI tomorrow. We've got to find out what's going on with his leg, before he turns into House. We are stopping by J's to get his earrings taken out. They really haven't been out since they were put in. This is going to be fun. After the great earring extraction, we are going to drive by a couple of house options. I'm currently waiting for my mortgage lady to call me back and let me know what Mortgage Insurance is, and why do I need it. Because that thing is making possible Mortgage payments that are livable, turn into OUCH. And I will have a real hard time convincing Brett to go with OUCH payments. And if that doesn't work out, then we fall into the desperate level of things. *sigh* Why is this never easy. If this keeps up we are going to end up living in a van down by they river. If we can't find anything with acreage, then we will have to looking into a cheap enough house where we can still afford to board Katelin. I would really hate to ask a family member for money to help with a down payment on a place, just so we can afford the payments. I'm betting on the van down by the river. Laters! Savvy?

-Aislin

No comments:

Post a Comment