Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My healthy creations series part 1 'Cream of Mushroom Skillet'

I've decided to try to post my food creations on my blog, in case people would like to try to make them. So is born the My Healthy Creations Series. These are made with methods I learned making healthy meals for my mom. My dad was making food from a low fat cook book, and he and I were suffering for it. So we developed ways to make food healthy but also filling. So I'm passing on what I can to all of you. Here it goes.

'Cream of Mushroom Skillet'

You need a deep cooking skillet
A pound of ground beef
A can of low fat cream of mushroom soup
2 bullion cubes or a cup of beef broth
Veggies of your choosing
a small box of pasta of your choosing
2 cups milk.
1/2 cup of Merlot of cooking sherry
1/4 cup chopped onion

Ok, brown the ground beef in the skillet and drain it, then using hot water rinse the meat to get all the grease off of it.
Then return it to the skillet and add the chopped onion and the Merlot/sherry. Season to your liking.
Then add the veggies you want and cook on medium covered, stirring occasionally.
Then when the veggies are mostly cooked, add the pasta, cream of mushroom soup, milk, broth or cubes, if you use the cubes add a cup of water.
Stir together well and continue cooking on medium, this time uncovered, stirring occasionally.
When the soup has boiled down about half way, reduce heat, cover and cook for about 15 min stirring occasionally.
It should be done after the fifteen minutes. But you can cook it uncovered a little longer if you want the soup to cook down more.
After it's done, let it sit 5 minutes, then dig in.

If anyone tries this recipe, let me know what you think. Now my kittehs are saying they want to go to bed. Laters! Savvy?

-Aislin

No comments:

Post a Comment